“Ocasio-Cortez’s old ideas remain a threat to liberty”
In the Communist Manifesto, Karl Marx listed 10 items that would be required to advance toward a communist society. It was a checklist.
The first step in the revolution by the working class is to raise the proletariat to the position of ruling class, to win the battle of democracy...
Of course, in the beginning, this cannot be effected except by means of despotic inroads on the rights of property and other conditions of bourgeois production; by means of measures, therefore, which appear economically insufficient and untenable, but which, in the course of the movement, outstrip themselves, necessitate further inroads upon the old social order, and are unavoidable as a means of entirely revolutionizing the mode of production.
These measures will of course be different in different countries.
Nevertheless, in the most advanced countries, the following will be pretty generally applicable.
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all immigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of the National Bank with the state capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; to bring into cultivation of waste land, in the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.
On her direct path to power, representative Cortez is already promoting five items on Marx's checklist.
· Beginning with number 2. She has called for a progressive marginal tax of 70% for those earning over $10 million.
· Number 5 is being explored by her as well, "the development of public & postal banking," represents undoubtedly a step in the direction of a national bank which would give complete control by Wall Street over the Federal Reserve.
Other collectivists- lefties have called for many of these items over the years, however Rep. Cortez appears poised and politically skillful enough to focus and get other less talented in her party to push these type of measures. Just think of how absurd she sounded just a few weeks ago discussing a 70% tax and yet support in her party is growing, along with her polling in popularity.
· Cortez has been pushing the ever-regurgitated green initiative, “Green New Deal”, this will serve as a step towards completing number 7 and 9.
From the "Green New Deal" plan:
The right to employment through a Full Employment Program that will create 25 million jobs by implementing a nationally funded, but locally controlled direct employment initiative replacing unemployment offices with local employment offices offering public sector jobs which are "stored" in job banks in order to take up any slack in private sector employment...
Local communities will use a process of broad stakeholder input and democratic decision making to fairly implement these programs...
Invest in green business by providing grants and low-interest loans to grow green businesses and cooperatives, with an emphasis on small, locally-based companies that keep the wealth created by local labor circulating in the community rather than being drained off to enrich absentee investors.
· Number 10, Cortez has called for the latest version of free public schools by calling for “free college education for all”.
As Cortez begins to chip away to see daylight with her vision of the aforementioned planks, based on her rhetoric one could see that number 3 and 8 are not too far off from becoming talking points of hers as well.
The framers in their genius provide a check and balance to these liberty threatening ideas, for now, we may find some refuge within the republican controlled Senate.
But just think about the veracity by which Cortez is trolling Senate leader Mitch McConnell. She recognizes her enemy and is going after him. Consider for a moment another past thought leader within Marx nightmare, Saul Alinsky. Among the many tactics he promoted for those pushing for “social justice” (Socialism) was to go after any direct threats to the stated goals.
From Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals-11 rules on the ethics of means and ends;
"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.”
Do not make the mistake of writing-off Cortez off equating her occasional poor grammar with stupidity, she is skillful and technically savvy and her old ideas are a threat to the liberties of each and every one of us.
Very few would argue that government is broken, the ravages and growing appetite of big government is evident, but solving the problem does not require a different form of bigger government, rather the answers can be found in the message of liberty and this is where Cortez’s ideas fall short.
No government system has bore more witness to more pain, death and destruction as has socialism, and we cannot allow this deeply flawed philosophical weed to take root.
Fortunately, the liberty movement continues to grow as well.
When united, individuals outside of government on the indirect path to power will prove to be stronger. We look to our youth on the campuses who recognize the shinny packaged synonyms of socialism, such as “progressivism” and “social justice” for the threat to liberty that they are. Groups such as Young Americans for Liberty, and growing number of College conservative groups are setting good examples.
These future leaders for liberty are not buying into the repackaged excrement of socialism, which is a gateway drug to communism.
Communism and the Constitution are not compatible in a free society. As we work together shining the light of truth towards threatening ideas to liberty such as those promoted by Rep. Cortez, we remove the shackles of an inevitable tyrannical government. This is the essence of self-governance in a free and prosperous society for every individual.